• Refers to weaknesses in certain academic skills. A person does not lack intelligence, instead a part of brain is slow in processing. (neurological processing issue).
• Processing problems that are caused by learning difficulties can interfere with learning skills such as reading, math, writing and organization.
• Dyslexia – a language based difficulty wherein a person has trouble reading words.
• Dyscalculia – a mathematical based difficulty wherein a person has trouble with math concepts and solving number problems.
• Dysgraphia – a writing based difficulty wherein a person struggles to form letters or write in a defined space.
• Nonverbal Learning Difficulties – originates in the right hemisphere of the brain causing problems with visual-spatial, intuitive and organizational skills.